CROSSFIT LAKE CITY'S

NUTRITIONAL BLOG

Saturday, May 28, 2011

As Long As They Hold Salsa...

I am a dipper, that change quite a bit when I went Primal. Everything used to be dipped on ketchup growing up, now I turn to mustard, salsa and homemade mayo based dips. I also LOVE chips and salsa, that was one of the hardest things to give up. Now I wouldn't say these are as good as tortilla chips, but they are salty and crunchy and the best part is they hold up to dipping!


Kale Chips


Kale

Olive oil

Salt and pepper

Your choice of seasonings, I have used lemon pepper, homemade taco seasoning, garlic/onion powder, or some cayenne to give it a kick.

Super easy! Tear the kale up into small-ish pieces (they will shrink in the oven). I have an olive oil spritzer that I used to mist the kale with Oil. sprinkle with salt, pepper and spices of your choice. Bake 350 for about 7-10 minutes until they start to brown and wilt around the edges it happens fast so make sure to keep a close eye on them!







Look at that dip ability, amazing right?!?!



0 comments:

Post a Comment